Top Attributes Unique to Warehouse Inventory Services
Robust, Prompt, Secure, and Unbiased Reports
Look for a partner that can provide reports to you within 3-5 business days of project completion. Highly complex projects may take longer, but if this is the case, the partner should be able to provide a detailed timeline. Make sure the partner provides reports through a secure portal. The partner should also provide highly accurate inventory valuations, as well as year-over-year comparison reports (for repeat customers) that help reduce over- or under-stocking. Finally, seek out a partner that can provide impartial audits (with no bias toward manufacturers or distributors).
Key reports to require include:
- Summary and detailed reports (exportable in several formats including Microsoft Excel).
- Detailed inventory reports, reported at the line item level within buildings, departments, and other areas
- Unmatched reports, which identify items without a matching reference in your item master or PO history
- Custom reports based on your needs
- A Wide Range of Services While you’re primarily looking for warehouse inventory services, look for a partner that can conduct inventory counts in other areas—such as clinical, pharmacy, and off-site clinics and ambulatory surgery centers. That way, if you ever do need to engage in these services, you already have a trusted partner that is familiar with your policies and procedures. In addition, have one partner that can service all of these areas leads to significant time and cost savings.
- Proactively Managing Expired Items and Quality Assurance Look for a clinical inventory service partner that focuses on accuracy and quality by using experienced staff members, barcode scanning, and engages in proactive activities to spot red flags, such as comparing findings to previous counts. Also, seek out a partner that checks expiration dates on all inventory, and that flags and pulls those items. The partner should also provide a report indicating where expired items were found, enabling your health system.
Since 1999, Syft has become the trusted provider and is used by more than 245 customers (970 U.S. hospitals). In the last decade alone, Syft has conducted more than 9,200 inventory counts, totaling over $15 billion in inventory valued.
Syft proudly serves these customers and many more:
- Cleveland Clinic
- BJC Healthcare
- Dignity Health