Top Attributes Unique to Clinical Inventory Services
Timely and Comprehensive Reporting
Look for a partner that can provide reports to you within 3-5 business days of project completion. Highly complex projects may take longer, but if this is the case, the partner should be able to provide a detailed timeline. Make sure the partner provides reports through a secure portal. The partner should also provide highly accurate inventory valuations, as well as year-over-year comparison reports (for repeat customers) that help reduce over- or under-stocking. Finally, seek out a partner that can provide impartial audits (with no bias toward manufacturers or distributors).
Key reports to require include:
- Summary and detailed reports (exportable in several formats including Microsoft Excel).
- Detailed inventory reports, reported at the line item level within buildings, departments, and other areas.
- Unmatched reports, which identify items without a matching reference in your item master or PO history.
- Custom reports based on your needs
- Inventory Services for the Entire Hospital or Health System The partner should be able to conduct inventory counts in all areas of your hospital including cardiac cath labs, interventional radiology, and electrophysiology; OR and cardiovascular OR; and departments such as emergency, labor and delivery, respiratory therapy, cystoscopy, anesthesia, endovascular, neurology, pharmacy; and areas such as storerooms and warehouses. Also, look for a partner that can conduct inventory counts in off-site clinics and ambulatory surgery centers. Having one partner that can service all cost centers is more efficient than parsing the work out.
- Expired Inventory Management and Quality Assurance Look for a clinical inventory service partner that focuses on accuracy and quality by using experienced staff members, barcode scanning, and engages in proactive activities to spot red flags, such as comparing findings to previous counts. Also, seek out a partner that checks expiration dates on all inventory, and that flags and pulls those items. The partner should also provide a report indicating where expired items were found, enabling your health system. your health system can identify potential problem areas.
Since 1999, Syft has become the trusted provider and is used by more than 245 customers (970 U.S. hospitals). In the last decade alone, Syft has conducted more than 7,600 inventory counts, totaling nearly $13 billion in inventory valued.
Syft proudly serves these customers and many more:
- Cleveland Clinic
- BJC Healthcare
- Dignity Health